Friday, June 8, 2007

When friends and family move away








I'm all for change, new home,new job, new friends, new car...new hair color.



There's one change I don't like, one I have to say I hate the most. The change that occurs when a dear friend or a close relative, sister...parents....cousins move away.



It hurts like nothing else, not as heart wrenching and difficult as someone passing away, another kind of hurt. One of my sister told me yesterday that she's moving to Atlanta, she lives in Chicago currently...as do I and a good amount of other relatives...my other sister and her family as well( I also have a step sister and brother ). My mother and step dad live in Missouri, it hurt when they left too.


I'm a grown adult, I should deal with such things better, right? I'm not a kid who's having to move away with other relatives or even going to college and leaving home for the first time, I left home years ago.


Yet, it hurts just as much as anything else that deals with the matters of the heart. This is the kind of change I don't welcome, I start feeling as if I'm going to be all alone,even though I still have relatives here. It's hard to explain.


I start wishing things like...I wish I was rich, won the lottery (ok, so I don't play it...just wishful thinking) so I could keep everyone together.


I always did have a problem saying goodbye, especially as a kid, never liked it.


I know things will always change, so I make it a point to spend time with those I love, call relatives I can't always visit, let my grandparents know I love them, same goes for my friends.



I guess this is just life.


Check out the spoken version of my thoughts on my show Nic@Nine !


No comments: