Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Gift Of Life....by DJ Nicci C

The Gift of Life



Sometimes I wonder

as life passes by.

Is it worth all the struggles,

the hate, and the lies?

I see the evil,

feel the pain,

Hear the cries.

I smell the fear in the air,

it cannot be disguised.



But when I start to believe that all hope is gone,

something beautiful happens and again I feel strong.

I gain strength from the single mothers, who work sixteen hour days,

and teachers who change lives, on low-income pay.

From doctors who instead of making big bucks,

choose to open small clinics in the neighborhood where they grew up.

From children who fight devastating illness,

with courage, determination and endless amounts of kindness.



For all the people who quietly change the world,

who fill it with love and not hate,

who give and dont take,

who are honest with everyone they come in contact with,

I know you are out there, you are not a myth.

So I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

You are the thing that gives me strength,

the reason I am so determined to always do my part.



And for all the people who see only the pain,

Im here to tell you, you have nothing to gain.

If you dwell in the dark, your life will be lived in vain.



For there is beauty to be seen in everything, everyone, and every day.

So take the beauty in, and it will make you strong come what may.

So is life worth all the struggles, hate, pain and lies??

I tell you there is nothing worth more,

than the beauty of the gift of life.


**I am passing this on to you from a friend!

No comments: